Saturday, August 4, 2007

Fear as an Indication of Wanting to Live Well?

From time to time, I take a little time to wander around Blogdom. I found this one today:

http://hollywynne.blogspot.com/2007/07/fear-is-friend-whos-misunderstood.html

Here is my comment in response to it:

Holly,

Fear as an indication of wanting to live well ... hadn't thought of it that way.

I had a boss many years ago who would say "I'm going to do something now. Even if it's wrong, it's something." I thought he was weird. He probably was, but now I think I am beginning to understand him a little better.

When I allow fear to stop me from proceeding ... Well, the "perfect" time never arrives.

The opportunity to experience great joy never arrives without a remote (maybe just 1/10th of 1/10th of 1%) possibility of failure and hurt.

We never stop learning about the world and gathering information about it, so we can never be "fully" informed on any subject before we act on it.

Mostly, I have discovered that when we (I) operate under any kind of fear -- especially a fear that we (I) just won't get it right the first time -- we (I) deprive ourselves (myself) of so much of life that is wonderful, a huge wow and delivering great joy in the end.

Me? I'm a worry-er too. I'm an over-planner and easily see the obstacles instead of the opportunities.

But now, I want to kick sand in the face of Fear and demand it step out of my way. I want to go forth boldly and laugh at fear.

P.S. Except the fear of spiders. I'll let that one fester ... LOL.

No comments: