Sunday, September 9, 2007

Do the Blue Book Tour!

Okay, okay.

About two weeks ago, I found out about a new book that had just been released. TURQUOISE. I wrote a little about that here: http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/08/one-more-book-to-look-inside.html

It is the fourth in a series called "Shades of Style." And, no, I haven't read the first three books in the series -- YET. I did go to Amazon, after reading TURQUOISE, to find out more about them. You can "see inside" a few of the books in that series -- meaning, Amazon.com lets you see the first few pages of the book. That is usually the title page, the copyright page, and the pages of the first chapter to page 16 of the book, plus the back cover. If there is a Foreword, that is not included in the "see inside."

Also included at the Amazon page about a book is the Publisher's Weekly review and usually one other review. I don't really pay attention to other reader's opinions of a book, I want to know a little more about the subject matter of the book. And, I do plan to read the first three books as soon as I can. :-)

I'm going to be mean, and not tell you too much about the plot of the story. Go on over to Marilynn's website and click on the picture of the book on the right sidebar. That will take you to the page at Amazon.com. Why am I sending you away from here? I want you to get to know Marilynn, not just her books. She is an awesome lady, whose blog is filled with delightful stories and insights about living the Christian life, about God's nature and His love for us. http://marilynngriffith.typepad.com/rhythmsofgrace/

Now that you have done that, (or make sure you do it soon, okay?), I want to share just a little about Chenille Rizzo, the book's "heroine." Chenille is a "real" person. She isn't a perfect package who has figured out everything and is sure she is always right. Along with typical romance novel relationship gyrations (does he like me? is he interested in me? am I ready for this? etc.), there is something atypical about the book as a romance. But I can't tell you -- it might spoil the suspense for you.

We meet Chenille in TURQUOISE as she heads into the hospital to deliver an armload of baby quilts she has made. And in honor of TURQUOISE, I'm going to share with you a small VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW.

Come on back here within the next couple of days and I will have them all lovingly displayed for your enjoyment. In the meantime, check out Marilynn's blog and find out more about her books!

(You can find her books at your local Christian bookstore. Or if you are like me and live more than an hour from a bookstore of any kind, go to ChristianBook.com. You can find all of Marilynn's books here for less than at WalMart.com or Amazon.com!)

If you have already read TURQUOISE, try to figure out what I mean when I say it has something atypical about it for a romance novel. If you haven't read the novel yet, read it. (I do have a reason for this. To be included in the "Show Notes" for the Virtual Quilt Show.)

EDITED 9/16 to add:

You can start the Virtual Quilt Show with my ramblings about it, here:
http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/09/welcome-to-do-blue-virtual-quilt-show.html
or with the first quilt of the show, here:
http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/09/monkey-quilt.html
or here for the Show "Appendix:"
http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-blue-quilt-show-appendix.html

Edited 9/17 to add:

The Virtual Quilt Show is up and running ...
All you need to do is keep working "forward" through the blog posts from here. There is one non-quilt post in-between the start of the show and here. That entry might be of interest to you -- it's about CHOCOLATE! If you are one of the 3 people in the world who do not like chocolate, skip it and go on to "Monkey Quilt" and work "up" to the most recent post at the blog. (I'm going to try to not add anything new here until the end of September ...)

2 comments:

upwords said...

How cool, Sue! I'm so excited. :)

PatriciaW said...

A virtual quilt show? Exciting! I love it. I'll have to keep checking back.