Sunday, September 16, 2007

Welcome to DO THE BLUE Virtual Quilt Show



Marilynn Griffith's fourth book in the Shades of Style series, TURQUOISE, finds Chenille Rizzo carrying an armload of baby quilts into the hospital to donate to the NICU for the preemies there. In honor of Marilynn's Do The Blue Book Tour via Blogdom, here is a Quilt Show that I hope you enjoy. :-)

[It wasn't as easy to round up photos from around the Web for this show as I thought it would be. At my own Flickr site, it gives me the URL to embed a photo here. And I thought it would do the same thing for every photo I visited. Nah ... but most of the baby quilts I visited did allow me to choose to "blog this" ... one at a time. There are quite a few separate blog entries for the Show. Sorry about that. Just keep going until you come to the blog entry about chocolate -- that is where the Show ends -- but you might be interested to know more about chocolate, so keep on reading; he he he.]

First, before we jump into the quilts, I'd like to share a web site that is designed for artists and crafters to showcase and sell their works. Much easier to use than eBay, http://www.etsy.com/ features all kinds of art and craft items. A quick check there this morning revealed they have (right now -- it changes all the time) 208 pages of quilts (15 items per page) ... 3110 items it says at the top of the page. WOW! http://www.etsy.com/category_top.php?top_tag=quilts

991 baby quilts are part of that total: http://www.etsy.com/category_sub.php?tags=quilts.baby
I've only browsed through the listings at etsy so far and cannot give an opinion about the sellers, buyers or anything else. It is a great site for inspiration if you are an artist or crafter. And, so far, prices I have seen seem to be reasonable -- so Etsy is bookmarked for me to go back to do some holiday shopping there ... :-)

Okay, now on to the Quilt Show!
[OOPS! But first, I did say here (http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-blue-book-tour.htmlpms.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-blue-book-tour.html) to try to figure out what is different about TURQUOISE than most romance novels. If you think you know, or have an opinion about what makes Turquoise different, e-mail me (SuseADoodle at gmail.com) by October 1 (I don't want anyone to give away the end of the story for the sake of those who haven't read TURQUOISE yet). On October 2, one winner will be chosen to receive a CD of 6 original pieced fish designs and 12 digital "fabrics" that you can use for creating your own virtual quilts, paper crafting, scrapbook layouts, etc. A few samples of the fishies and the digi-fabrics are on display in this post.]







Edited 9/18 to add: Click "Home" below to go to the "Appendix" and work through the "older" posts till you hit the Chocolate Post or go here http://suseadoodle-pms.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-blue-book-tour.html (through the Chocolate post and back through Newer Posts till you get to the Appendix). I know, I know. Awkward. Sorry about that. Had to do each quilt as a separate post and not as one long post as originally planned.



No comments: